Woo hoo, we made it to 26 weeks!!! Hard to believe our babies will be here in 11 weeks (if I make it to 37) or less. I had an emotional moment the other day when I realized we would finally need to buy Cristmas stockings for our kids and a "baby's first christmas" ornament. This is such a huge deal to us--we buy an ornmanet every year (and we have since we started dating 14 years ago) which represents something we did that year or something important that happened that year. It's a tradition my husband's mom started with him and his sibilings when he was a baby and I thought it was really cool. We still have all of his ornaments throughout the years. She writes the year on the bottom so you know what year it was for and the memory comes back.
Back to the babies..went in for my cervix check earlier this week and it's still holding up strong and long and looking fantastic! Their fluid levels are great as well and both babies are in the 80th percentiles. My doctor thinks there's a good chance I'll make it to 37 weeks. I've only gained 10 pounds (I was overweight when I got pregnant, so she's not concerned with that), been eating protein like mad, and my blood pressure has stayed low.
We finished our labor and delivery class for multiples this week, and our last class was focused on post-partum. Breast feeding, caring for newborns, what you can expect from your body post birth whether it's vag or c-sec. I'd say this was the most informing class of three and what I was looking forward to the most.
Tomorrow we're going to an annual consignment sale put on by moms of multiples and am so excited! I am hoping they'll have good deals on stuff for multiples--strollers (maybe..haven't decided if I want to buy a used one), toys, booster seats, play mats--lots of stuff!
That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment