Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco De Mayo

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Why do I love this day? One, it's the day before my birthday, and two, you eat mexican food and drink margaritas all night long! I absolutely LOVE LOVE mexican food and who doesn't like margaritas? Since living in Southern California for 5 years, Corona to be exact, my love for mexican food grew and flourished! Now living in Bothell, WA (15 minutes from Seattle), I long for the traditional homemade tamales, flautas, enchiladas and more. We have not been able to find a "good" mexican restaurant in our area, but will settle for my homemade enchiladas. I soon plan to attempt to make tamales--we'll see how those turn out.

We leave for our trip to Boston in a little over one week and are so excited! Looking forwards to hours and hours of walking around a city with such historical importance and sites. I think Trevor has pretty much planned out each day from the touristy things we'll do all the way down to dinners. I am really looking forward to these ten, well seven really, days of him and I time where we are away from home, just the two of us. I say only seven days because for the last three, his family will be flying into Boston as his younger brother is graduating from Boston University with his Master's in Economics.

That's a short post for now, I promise to post pictures and all about our trip when we return!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment